304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Nothing beats the taste of deep fat fried food in one of these best deep fryers.
An electric deep fryer is better than using a pan on a stove for two reasons: the first is safety, deep frying on a stove can lead to a pan fire which is hard to put out.
And because they self-regulate the temperature of the oil and food within, giving you a reasonable guarantee of achieving the results that you wanted every time.
So, grab your scales, weigh up your ingredients and get deep frying in one of these super handy deep fryers.
We love this not just because it’s easy to clean but it’s super safe for use in a family setting.
TOP RATED CHOICE
You can change the internal configuration from 1 basket to 2 in this deep fryer which is super handy.
BEST VALUE CHOICE
The all singing, all dancing and totally programmable Breville is as smart as its name suggests.
What makes us put the T-fal deep fryer at the top of our list?
It’s simple, it makes handling used oil so very simple and completely mess free – a job that many fryers struggle with, sadly.
The oil is fully strained and then drained into a container that sits below the main fryer unit – you remove it to dispose of the oil, or if the oil is still usable, you store it until the next time you cook.
Quick Fact: You can get up 3.3 liters of oil inside this deep fryer and that means you can cook an incredible 2.5 lbs. of food inside, though you may need to turn it halfway.
1. This T-fal deep fryer is very quick to heat up, so no waiting when you are hungry
2. The oil disposal/storage facility is brilliant and a great reason to buy this
3. The frying basket can be easily lifted and then locked into place above the oil
1. The frying space ought to be deeper, we don’t think should have to turn food in a deep fryer
2. The lever to release the oil tank is a bit fiddly and can get stuck
3. The oil doesn’t seem to get as hot as the temperature gauge suggests it is
There’s one reason to choose the KRUPS KJ502D51 Deep Fryer and that’s flexibility.
It is supplied with three fry baskets. One big one and two small ones.
This allows you to choose the internal configuration – use the big basket or pop two baskets in together, that means you can cook different items at the same time without cross-contamination between the two.
Quick Fact: The KRUPS deep fryer is supplied with a “break away” cord. That means if you accidentally pull the cord, you won’t pull the fryer with it – saving you from a nasty spill.
1. This is the size of a professional fryer – and takes 4.5 liters of oil
2. The three frying baskets give you more options when cooking
3. Large viewing window to see the results of your frying
1. Though it claims to have an odor filter, we found that it vented vapor with an odor
2. It feels a bit plasticky, particularly, compared to older models from this manufacturer
3. Some customers have reported breaking the timer (this doesn’t stop it cooking)
As you’d expect the Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer is fully programmable and you can set this to do just about anything a deep fryer can do at any time of the day or night.
This isn’t via a smartphone app, however, and all the programming needs to be done on the excellent and easy-to-read LCD digital display panel on the device itself.
Quick Fact: This Breville smart fryer uses “Cool Zone Technology” which is meant to prevent you from burning the oil and thus, extends the life of the oil for further use.
1. The most programmable deep fryer that we tested – it’s very versatile
2. The screen display is high quality and easy to get information from
3. Surprisingly, reasonably priced given the technology inside it
1. There’s no smartphone app – that’s something we’d expect from any “smart” equipment, today
2. The cord is a safety release cord but it often comes away too easily
3. The odors of frying are very noticeable when this product is in use
This might have made it into our top 3 deep fryers if it had just been a little bigger, but we can’t fit a whole family sized portion of food into the Cuisinart CDF-200P1 .
Other than that, it’s actually very good.
It comes up to heat in a near instant, and it was one of the easiest to empty models that we tested and we really like the small footprint on our kitchen counters.
Quick Fact: Everything that you can remove from the body of the Cuisnart Deep Fryer is 100% dishwasher safe which makes it a super easy fryer to clean.
1. Simple two dial system makes it very easy to use and get great results from
2. The compact size means it’s also simple to store when not in use
3. It uses less oil than most deep fryers
1. We just wish it were bigger – you can’t cook for a whole family at once
2. The oil is always a little cooler than the internal thermometer says it is
3. The mesh masket can become easily clogged when in use
If you’re on a very tight budget for your deep fryer, consider going for the Presto 05420 FryDaddy.
This is the lowest cost model in our roundup and yes, there are some compromises that have been made to get to the price point.
There are, for example, no controls – it has one setting, switch it on and go.
Quick Fact: You can make four servings inside this deep fryer and it uses only four cups of oil which can be stored in the body for reuse at a later date too.
1. It’s very low cost, you can’t complain at this price
2. It has a one-year warranty which feels generous
3. You don’t need any instructions to operate it
1. Very limited in how it can be used – you have no controls
2. You need to limit the size of the pieces you cook or they stick together
3. Spatters a bit of oil around when in use – be careful
We wouldn’t recommend eating deep fat fried food every day, it’s not healthy but on occasion nothing tastes better and it won’t hurt to allow yourself a little indulgence.
We hope that you’ve found a deep fryer from our best deep fryers list that will do a great job of cooking the most delicious food for you and your family and that you’re no longer at risk of a pan catching fire on the stove.