Our search for the best garlic press is no surprise. We love garlic. It’s a core ingredient in about half of our non-dessert dishes in the Kitchen Authority kitchen.
Now, we know that you can process your garlic with a knife but it’s time consuming and not very much fun.
How To Mince Garlic (without a garlic press)
If you are dedicated to mincing your own garlic here’s a short video that explains it perfectly.
The better alternative is the garlic press.
A garlic press is a small device which has a small hopper (a perforated basket) which you pop the garlic in and then a handle which forces a press down on the garlic (when you squeeze it) and shoves the garlic gloves through the perforations.
This is much easier and much more fun than finely chopping the garlic and then mushing it about with a knife.
Also, it’s worth noting that a garlic press is not an expensive device. The most expensive we could find to test was about $50 and most are much less than that.
Why Eat Garlic?
We like garlic for its taste but according to Healthline and numerous other reputable medical sources, there are proven health benefits to stuffing your meals with garlic.
Here are some of top benefits of eating garlic regularly.
- It’s very low calorie. You can’t argue with the fact that a clove of garlic only has about 5 calories, can you?
- It can help you recover from colds or flu. Studies show people are sicker for less time when they eat garlic.
- Garlic may lead to lower blood pressure. In one study, garlic was shown to equal a brand name medicine for reducing high blood pressure!
- Garlic reduces “bad” blood cholesterol. Strangely, it also has no impact on “good” cholesterol.
- Antioxidants may help prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s. Garlic is full of antioxidants.
- It may improve the immune system and, in turn, thus help you to live longer.
- It may improve your athletic performance – this benefit is contested as some trials showed benefits and others did not.
- Garlic can help you get rid of heavy metals in your body. Garlic is even shown to have helped eliminate as much toxic material as drugs designed just to flush out heavy metals!
- It might improve bone health in women. This study is a little dubious but if you’re at risk of osteoarthritis then some garlic in your diet certainly won’t hurt.
What Makes The Best Garlic Press?
Now that we know why we should eat as much garlic as possible, let’s take a look at the garlic press.
What is it that makes for a good garlic press?
Well, this is what we tested for:
- The quality of mince. Not all garlic presses are made equal. We found that some produce really uneven garlic mince and occasionally they produce some really odd shapes of garlic too. We wanted a press we could rely on. When you get the same shapes each time, you can use the garlic in any dish without changing the flavor.
- Ease of use. You don’t want to have to go to the gym to work a garlic press. (Though if you want to go to the gym, you should for your health). We wanted a garlic press that was easy to squeeze garlic in and where even big fingers could add or remove garlic from the basket.
- Simplicity of design. You don’t need a garlic press which dissembles into 10 moving parts that takes an hour to clean. It’s supposed to add convenience to your kitchen and not add a ton of extra work to your day.
Best Garlic Press Of 2019 | The Alpha Grillers Garlic Press
You’re going to be very happy to know that despite a huge range of garlic presses to choose from our winner is not going to break the bank.
In fact, you ought to get change from 20 bucks for it on Amazon!
This is a stainless steel garlic press and that means you know that it’s going to last. No cheap plastic to break and therefore it should be the only garlic press that you ever need to buy for your family’s kitchen.
Not only does it press garlic but it can also mince unpeeled cloves and we really liked that.
It saves a ton of time and you still get plenty of tasty crushed garlic out of the process.
It’s very, very easy to clean. The chamber is big and flips out so that you can wash it. You can’t say fairer than that and they even throw in a cleaning brush. Now that’s what I call the best garlic press!
Finally, it comes with a lifetime guarantee! Yes, they’re so positive that you’re going to love this garlic press that they’ll give you your money back at any time if you just write to them and ask for it.
That’s enough to make the Alpha Grillers Garlic Press the best garlic press of 2019.