304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
We love to make tasty treats and we love our best immersion blenders for the flexibility they offer while we do so.
For example, take our favorite smoothies, we could drag out our main blender to make them but what if we only want to make one smoothie?
That’s a lot of washing up and hassle for a drink.
On the other hand, we can grab an immersion blender (or hand blender as they’re often called) and whip up that smoothie in no time at all.
And that’s what we do.
So, we went out to test the best immersion blenders out there, so you can have more convenience in your kitchen too.
The unique blade guard technology makes it very easy to use this blender without it getting stuck to the container.
TOP RATED CHOICE
If you need total freedom when using an immersion blender then cordless and rechargeable is the way to go.
BEST VALUE CHOICE
If you want the option to boost the power of your blender, this Braun model lets you pump up the volume.
The Breville BSBB510XL is an excellent hand blender.
It has a uniquely shaped blade guard that stops the blender from creating a vortex which can leave the blades stuck to the bottom of the container.
It’s got one of the most comfortable grips of any blender in our tests and won’t switch off while in use.
Quick Fact: Breville is an Australian brand which is synonymous with the toasted sandwich in much of the world, they’ve been around for nearly 100 years.
1. Very simple to use and get the most out of working with this
2. Comes with plenty of attachments all of which can be put in a dishwasher
3. You can use this blender for hours without discomfort
1. The chopping bowl blade could be set a little higher than it is
2. Can struggle a little when blending raw nut dishes
3. It’s quite bulky and can be difficult to store in the kitchen
This blender is a little pricey but we think it’s worth it because you can use this All-Clad cordless blender anywhere.
The only limit is that the charge only lasts for 15 minutes (and it takes 2 hours to charge) but we can’t imagine using a hand blender for much longer than that – so it’s fine.
Quick Fact: You have to tap a button on the top of the blender to unlock it. If you leave it without pulling the trigger, after 30 seconds, it automatically locks itself for your safety.
1. Very portable thanks to the cordless design
2. It’s very powerful considering that it’s running on a battery
3. The blade is stainless steel and will last for a long time
1. You need to find room to store the charger as well as the blender
2. It’s pretty expensive for a hand blender
3. There are no accessories provided with this immersion blender
The Braun MQ7035X 3-in-1 has a neat variable speed control in the button you use to start the blades.
The harder you push the button, the faster it moves.
One other thing we liked about this blender is that it has an auto height adjustment on the blade.
Whatever you’re blending, the blade is always in the right place.
Quick Fact: The Braun blade guard prevents the food from wrapping around the vents of the blade and fouling the motion of the blade.
1. The blade adjusts height easily
2. There are four attachments in the box
3. You get an easy adjustable speed control in the start button
1. You get water trapped in the blade attachment – make sure to dry it
2. It’s a little bit heavier than we’d like it to be
3. The whisk attachment is imprecise, fine for whipped cream, not so much for meringue
As you’d expect from KitchenAid this 2-speed hand blender is very good quality.
And one thing we really liked about it was the tangle-free cord design which is super safe.
In many ways this is the best smoothie blender in our tests but it’s a bit lack in versatility, otherwise.
You only get a small number of accesories and cannot purchase any more.
Quick Fact: KitchenAid is a prestigious brand which was founded in 1919 here in America. They make some of the best stand mixers in the business as well as great blenders.
1. A high quality hand blender that will last
2. A very reasonable price tag, particularly, considering the brand
3. Safety cord feature is excellent
1. You can’t buy additional accessories for this unit
2. It wasn’t the strongest blender in our tests
3. You need to use two hands to remove the blade safely
A fast and effective blender is the Cuisinart CSB-179 hand blender.
Unfortunately, it’s not dishwasher safe and that means you’re going to have to wash it by hand every time.
Quick Fact: This has a built in safety feature which requires you to unlock the blade (using a button on the unit) before you can pull the trigger on it.
1. Very powerful and fast
2. Has a safety system which prevents injuries
3. The long shaft makes blending in deep vessels easy
1. You have to hand wash the blender (though not the other attachments)
2. You need to use two hands to use this blender which is a little awkward
3. The chopping attachment isn’t great
Looking for a low budget option?
Then consider the Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick Hand Blender.
It is very sensibly priced and it’s still pretty powerful at 500 watts, so you can still make everything you want to with it.
Quick Fact: This includes a milk frothing attachment which is absolutely excellent if you want lattes and cappuccinos at home.
1. Very cheap when compared to other immersion blenders
2. Milk frother is excellent
3. Very powerful for the price
1. It’s very difficult to clean
2. It’s not the most ruggedly built item
3. The bearings make a strained sound even when brand new
Sometimes, you don’t want a full blown blender and all the washing up and hassle that entails, you just want one of our best immersion blenders, instead.
You can make a super smoothie with one or puree the ingredients for soup and in short order.
When you want convenience and excellence in the kitchen, you can’t beat an immersion blender, so, we hope you found the right one for your family home in our list.