304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Each one of these indoor grills will make it possible for you to cook the perfect steak in the comfort of your kitchen.
The best grill for nearly any occasion. It’s also dishwasher safe and produces no smoke.
BEST VALUE CHOICE
If you want a grill with endless control over the grilling process, this is your grill.
TOP RATED CHOICE
A high quality product just let down by a guarantee that’s far too short.
Why did we make this Philips our top pick?
Because it’s a smokeless indoor grill which means that it can be used in any kind of dwelling including apartments where other grills might set off the fire alarm, this is because it uses infrared heating technology.
Of course, it also cooks brilliantly and warms food evenly across the surface of the grill which is super important, and that’s why it’s the best indoor grill.
Quick Fact: Philips is a Dutch company and is headquartered in Amsterdam though it was actually founded in Eindhoven. It employs over 80,000 people, so you know you’re in safe hands.
1. This product produces almost no smoke
2. It’s 100% dishwasher safe and that makes cleaning it easy
3. It warms food thoroughly and evenly
1. It’s a little more expensive than we’d like but it is worth it
2. It has a shallow drip tray and you’ll want to keep an eye on it while cooking
3. You need an additional grate if you want both BBQ and Grill functions
You can’t guarantee smoke-free cooking here but you do get a very lightweight machine.
It has removable plates which makes it much easier to clean than one piece models.
The upper and lower surfaces cook at the same time which means you’re going to get to eat fast when using this grill and it has a powerful 1800 watt heating element.
Quick Fact: T-fal became a household name thanks to the invention of Teflon, a substance that makes surfaces non-stick and quickly became popular. 60 years later and they’re much more than a frying pan company.
1. Pre-heats in a few minutes much faster than other grills
2. Nine different settings for specific food types
3. Really easy to clean
1. It’s a bit daunting as it looks complex when you unpack it but it sets up easily enough
2. The plastic handle on the hood gets hot – use oven mitts
3. The power cord is a bit short, we needed an extension cord
The best value grill is probably the Power XL. It has a great level of performance and we found it tackled any grilling task with aplomb, making it one of the best indoor grills.
We loved the LED touch control and the fact that it comes with interchangeable cooking surfaces too.
However, we weren’t so impressed with the warranty and we don’t understand why there’s no handle for the trays at all.
Quick Fact: Power XL is the brainchild of Eric Theiss, a chef who ran his own fine dining restaurant before deciding to develop products for himself and live shopping networks.
1. Very reasonably priced, screams high value
2. Has a huge grease tray which catches everything no matter how much you cook
3. Everything that you can remove is dishwasher safe
4. It is a smokeless grill, just incase you trigger the smoke alarm often
1. The warranty is very short compared to competitor’s offerings (60 days!)
2. The lack of handles mean you need to wait for things to cool before you clean
3. From reviews it seems that initial, usually minor, issues with this grill are commonplace
This is a super affordable but somewhat smaller grill than the other models in our tests.
However, it delivers restaurant quality food with great levels of reliability and we’d be happy to use this in a smaller household.
We really liked the fact that the hood is see-through (and removable too) which means you can keep an easy eye on this as they cook.
Quick Fact: Hamilton Beach was not founded by either Hamilton or Beach but rather Fredrick Osius but he hated his name and paid two of his staff to use theirs instead.
1. Very affordable, great for those on a budget
2. Excellent temperature control which delivers well cooked food
3. It’s dishwasher safe, though it’s very easy to hand wash
4. Extra-large drip tray that catches juices
1. The grate feels a bit “sticky” at times
2. It’s a small model, not much use for big families
3. It’s badly insulated, keep it away from other appliances, children and pets when in use
This is a large and very fast heating grill from one of the grilling game’s big names – George Foreman.
If you need a family grill but don’t have a huge budget for one – this might be your top choice.
It’s also very, very easy to use and we also found that it is surprisingly light on electricity usage.
Quick Fact: Since they opened their doors in 1994, George Foreman Grills (or Spectrum Brands) have sold over 100 million grills! They must be doing something right.
1. Very affordable for the size
2. Heats super quickly
3. Perfect for both indoor and outdoor use
1. You can’t see through the lid which is a shame
2. Feels a bit cheaply made – might not last forever
3. It’s not the easiest grill to clean