304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
There is nothing more American than setting up a BBQ.
And cooking up a wonderful home made burger!
And that’s why you need one of the best meat grinders.
The problem is, how do you know if you can trust the quality of store bought ground beef?
It’s outside of your control, unlike say the cooking temperature of your food.
Well, there’s no need to risk it.
When you use a meat grinder, you control the quality of the meat and the fat blend too.
That makes for the tastiest of burgers.
The best choice for home use – powerful, efficient and easy enough to clean.
TOP RATED CHOICE
If you intend to grind large quantities of meat, there’s nothing better but it’s pricey.
BEST VALUE CHOICE
Prefer to grind meat under your own steam? No electricity required for this excellent grinder.
This STX International Turboforce Electric Meat Grinder might be a bit too much for the more casual burger eater.
However, any family that intends to grind meat regularly is going to love the raw power and capability of this machine.
It can happily crunch through up to 360 lbs. of meat in an hour and that’s going to be more than enough to feed the hungriest of families.
Quick Fact: This product has a 3000 Watt motor which is super powerful, however, under ordinary conditions – it only uses 800-1,200 Watt, it uses 3,000 if it gets overloaded.
1. The attachments are really good and the “meat pusher” is super useful if you’ve got a lot of meat to grind
2. The construction quality is top notch – this is built to last
3. You can grind as much meat as any family can reasonably eat, quickly
1. The auger doesn’t always form a seal which is annoying when making sausages
2. You may need to cut up the meat before grinding it, it struggles on really big cuts
3. Assembly instructions aren’t as clear as they could be
If there’s not enough horsepower in the STX meat grinder then the LEM Products Meat Grinder is going to be your best bet.
This is a near industrial strength grinder and it’s priced accordingly.
If you need to run through 13 lbs. of meat a minute, however, nothing else can touch it.
It really is the best model on the market but, it’s overkill for 99% of families.
Quick Fact: This product comes back with an impressive 5-year warranty as well as a lifetime of customer support, that says it’s built to last to us.
1. The best home meat grinder that money can buy – it makes mincing easy
2. You can get through up to 13 lbs. of meat a minute with it
3. It’s very quiet when in use – surprisingly so when you consider the power of this machine
1. This product is huge and it takes up a large amount of counter space
2. It’s very expensive, though it’s worth it if you grind huge amounts of meat
3. There were no instructions in the box, though we figured things out OK
Not everyone needs to spend a fortune on a grinder because they are only going to do it occasionally.
Some also want a hand grinder because they want to use it when camping or living off grid.
The best manual grinder out there is the LEM products #10 which is super affordable and is very easy to use, however, be warned if you need to grind a lot it does get tiring.
Quick Fact: This product is nearly completely made out of stainless steel, that means that it will last a long time and that the plates and holes should remain sharp too.
1. Much cheaper than the electric grinders
2. Very well made, this should last for years without any issues at all
3. Comes with sausage stuffing tubes which is a nice touch
1. There’s no doubt about it – if you grind more than a pound or two, it’s tiring
2. The mounting clamp isn’t as deep as on electric grinders
3. Doesn’t really put enough pressure through the tubes to make great sausages
If your budget won’t stretch very far then the Kitchen Basics 3 in 1 meat grinder might be your choice.
At this price, as you’d expect, there are compromises in design and though the blades are steel much of the housing is plastic.
You also can’t clean the base by immersing it in water which seems a bit odd but the rest of it is dishwasher proof.
Quick Fact: You can grind up to 10 lbs. of meat with this grinder at a time but be warned as with all manual grinders, it’s a bit tiring.
1. The price tag is incredible
2. Grinds a decent amount of meat
3. Suction cup ensures it doesn’t walk when in use
1. Sausage stuffing takes forever and a day
2. It’s not the easiest product to clean
3. The instructions are really poor quality
An excellent compromise candidate between more expensive electric grinders and cheaper manual ones, the Cuisinart Electric Meat Grinder is ideal for the occasional daily use in a family setting.
It can grind up to 3 lbs. of meat a minute.
Quick Fact: Cuisinart has a great reputation for kitchen product design and this was, by far, the easiest grinder to clean thanks to their engineering skills.
1. 300 Watt motor is powerful enough for most jobs
2. Reasonable price tag
3. Super easy to clean
1. One of the noisiest machines we’ve tested
2. Struggles to fill sausage casings properly
3. Not the best overall build quality
This grinder attachment requires that you already own a KitchenAid Stand Mixer (or that you intend to buy one).
It works very well though if you want to stuff sausages, you need to buy another attachment for that.
Quick Fact: You don’t use this as a standard attachment but, instead, attach it to the power hub and grind meat directly with the mixer’s power unit.
1. If you own a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, it takes up almost no extra space
2. It’s cost-effective if you have a stand mixer too
3. It grinds meat very well
1. It doesn’t work if you don’t have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer
2. You have to buy a sausage stuffer separately
3. It’s a bit fiddly to set upaker
We love a good burger and we hope that you’ve found a meat grinder from our top best meat grinders list that ensures your family always eat the best of burgers.
Then you can fire up that BBQ and cook with a smile on your face, knowing that their health is in your capable hands.