There’s one cooking tool ideally suited for modern life, the pressure cooker.
That’s why you need our best pressure cookers list.
They use steam and pressure to reduce cooking times to a fraction of their ordinary times and that makes them perfect to use in modern life at the end of a hard day.
Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Pressure Cooker 10 in 1
The Instant Pot is, of course, more than a pressure cooker and it’s that and the user friendliness that makes it so awesome.
Breville Fast Slow Pro Slow Cooker
TOP RATED CHOICE
If you want to get the absolute most out of a professional pressure cooker, Breville has your back.
T-fal Clipso 12-PSI Pressure Cooker
BEST VALUE CHOICE
No frills, simple to use and it just works. For when you don’t need anything more than a pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Pressure Cooker 10 in 1, 8 Qt
Yes, we know that we’ve reviewed all the Instant Pots recently but the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus is the best pressure cooker of the bunch even if it is also an Instant Pot.
It’s also a yogurt maker, a sous vide, a cake maker, a steamer, a slow cooker and even a saute pan.
This means you need fewer devices in your life and we’re all for that.
Quick Fact: The safety features on the Instant Pot are absolutely excellent, you seal the lid easily, the lock prevents spilling and there’s even an auto-cutoff for overheating.
1. You get lots of different devices in one
2. It’s big enough to cook for a family without anyone going hungry
3. The safety features are best in class and that’s important
1. We struggle to cook rice in this for some reason
2. Not quite as efficient as a classic stovetop pressure cooker
3. The auto-cutoff is quite sensitive
Breville BPR700BSS Fast Slow Pro Slow Cooker
This Breville BPR700BSS Pressure Cooker is a top of the range model which is really designed with professional chefs and heavy pressure cooker users in mind.
What we love about it is that it’s so fast, it is more efficient than an old school stovetop pressure cooker but it does take a little time to learn to use if you want to get the best out of it.
Quick Fact: The price tag might be high but, in part, that pays for the sensor technology which automatically readjusts pressure, time and temperature settings based on progress.
1. Without a doubt, this is the best pressure cooker of them all
2. Can cook faster than a traditional pressure cooker
3. Handles anything you throw at it
1. It’s very expensive for a pressure cooker
2. It can feel like you need a degree in technology to learn to use it
3. The pot can retain cooking odors and carry over flavor to the next dish
T-fal P45007 Clipso Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe PTFE PFOA and Cadmium Free 12-PSI Pressure Cooker
A traditional stovetop pressure cooker at a super affordable price.
If that’s what you want then the T-fal P45007 Pressure Cooker delivers brilliantly.
Don’t go looking for programs and presets, it doesn’t have any but that’s part of the joy of using a simpler model and it also means that there’s much less that can go wrong with it too.
Quick Fact: The body (excluding the handles) is made of stainless steel which is very durable and ought to last nearly forever.
1. Very simple to use and seniors may prefer it as it’s like the ones they grew up with
2. It’s well-made and ought to last a long time
3. It’s low cost compared to most other pressure cookers
1. Stovetop means you need a stove to run it on
2. It has no bells and whistles – you can’t program it to do anything
3. The rubber gasket has to be “just so” to get a good seal
Yedi 9-in-1 Total Package Instant Programmable Pressure Cooker XL
Always feeding a large family or big groups of people and looking for an instant pot as well as a pressure cooker that you can program to exactly what you want?
That’s the Yedi-9-in-1 Total Package Pressure Cooker which is also exceptionally good value when you consider just how much it can do.
Quick Fact: Unlike many other pressure cookers this comes bundled with a ton of cool accessories (from egg racks to cheat sheets) to help you get the most out of it.
1. Lots of nice accessories in the box, Yeti is spoiling us
2. Has a ton of functionality
3. Good value for money
1. Yeti’s customer service doesn’t seem to be great from reviews
2. The surface can scratch quite easily – clean with non-abrasive products
3. The lid gets very hot, be careful
Zavor LUX LCD 8 Quart Programmable Electric Multi-Cooker
Feel like throwing caution to the wind and getting as many pre-sets as possible in the box?
The Zavor LUX Multi-Cooker offers 14 presets and a ton of other functions like rice cooker and steamer in the box.
You can also customize the cooking volume which makes cooking smaller batches faster.
Zavor is a new venture formed by old Fagor employees.
Quick Fact: In total there are 33 different programmable settings on this cooker and yes, that means it takes a while to learn to use it properly.
1. The most fully-featured pressure cooker that we tried out
2. Cooks very quickly, indeed
3. So easy to wash up
1. Probably overkill for most people’s needs
2. Very expensive for a pressure cooker
3. Lid sometimes fails to lock in place
Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
We finish our round up with another old school pressure cooker offering which is perfect for those on a very tight budget and with a smaller family.
With only 6 quarts of cooking space the Presto 01362 Pressure Cooker is the smallest cooker that we tested but it works just fine and, in fact, there’s a 4 quart model if this is still too big for your needs.
Quick Fact: Presto is the US Army and Navy’s choice of pressure cooker, so you know they’re going to be tough and long lasting.
1. Very low cost
2. Works well
3. Built to lasts
1. Some customers report issues with the handle on receipt
2. No program functions
3. The steel is a little thin
Final Thoughts: Best Pressure Cookers
We love slow cooking and we love getting a dutch oven and allowing a stew to cook for hours but we don’t always have the time to watch over it.
Thankfully, you can make amazing food in your pressure cooker in a fraction of the usual time, so we hope that you found something that you like on our best pressure cookers list.
The less time you spend cooking, the more time you can spend enjoying what you cooked.