304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Fortunately, there are some excellent refrigerators out there and we’ve got the greatest on our 8 best refrigerators list.
That means you can find the right refrigerator for your family’s needs without having to do a huge amount of research!
Please note: these are large family refrigerators that aren’t ideal for tiny house kitchens.
A class-leading refrigerator that not only cools but also freezes when you want it to.
TOP RATED CHOICE
The ultimate smart refrigerator that can really become the centerpiece of your kitchen..
BEST VALUE CHOICE
The most elegant refrigerator that we’ve ever seen, the perfect choice for those with aspirations.
This is a big and expensive model refrigerator but it does incorporate a double freezer as well as a double door refrigerator and that offsets a lot of the costs.
As with all Miele equipment, its design is incredible and it will look at home in any kitchen.
There’s a ton of space inside and we can’t imagine anyone needing much more from a refrigerator set up than you find in this one.
Quick Fact: The Miele has a “sabbath mode” which means that it can function in very specific ways for certain religious holidays preventing accidental work on the sabbath.
1. Huge, there’s enough space inside to satisfy a very big family
2. Lots of functionality including the double freezer
3. The spillproof design is excellent
1. We’d like the ice maker to be a bit faster
2. This is an expensive model though you get what you pay for
3. You need to buy an additional waterline kit because it’s not in the box
If you want your refrigerator to be the heart of your kitchen then this incredibly clever Samsung Family Hub is a great choice.
It has its own built-in smart assistant (Bixby) that you can use to order food with, create shopping lists or even get some tunes going on the built-in speakers.
It’s very good at keeping food fresh and tasty too.
Quick Fact: This Samsung refrigerator employs a triple cooling system to keep your food fresher for longer periods of time by adjusting not just temperature but also the humidity.
1. A prolific ice making capacity
2. The option to convert refrigerator space to freezer space at the touch of a button
3. Completely fingerprint resistant keeping cleaning to a minimum
1. Samsung’s customer care doesn’t have a great reputation
2. Bixby is not as full-featured as say Alexa is
3. The app doesn’t get updated as often as we’d like
This offering from GE is one of the most elegant looking refrigerators that we’ve ever seen.
We’d expect to encounter it in a royal palace.
We like the internal water dispenser which means you’re never short of a thirst-quenching cold glass of water whenever you need one and the Wi-Fi support is excellent too.
Quick Fact: GE is one of the world’s biggest investors in green energy and clean energy technology and has worked around the world on environmental conservation projects.
Choice of different colors makes a nice change
Exceptional temperature control that keeps everything cool
The TwinChillTM Evaporator ensure humidity is kept under control too
A bit smaller than you might expect for the price tag
You have to open both doors to access the deli drawer
Quite noisy for a refrigerator in this class
It’s hard not to love a refrigerator that comes with a built-in Keurig K-Cup coffee maker in the design.
And love it we did.
We also liked the fact that it integrates brilliantly with Amazon’s Echo smart home system too.
It’s fully Wi-Fi enabled and the design is fetching and elegant – it looks like it’s top quality and for this price, that’s what we expect.
Quick Fact: GE is one of the oldest companies in America and was formed from the merger of Edison General Electric and Thomson-Houston Electric. They’ll be there to provide warranty services.
1. Fully energy star compliant
2. Built in coffee maker – that’s so cool we could rave about it all day
3. Wi-Fi enabled
1. K-cups aren’t the most environmentally friendly way to consume coffee
2. It’s a little on the expensive side
3. Takes a little while to set up due to the smart functionality
On a tighter budget?
Then you might appreciate this solid and interesting model from Maytag.
It doesn’t have all the features of our top 3 picks and it is a little harder to adjust at times but overall?
It keeps food fresh and cold and that’s the purpose of any refrigerator.
We like the slide-out shelving design which makes it much easier to access the interior.
Quick Fact: Maytag is a subsidiary of the Whirlpool brand which is one of the biggest consumer electronics brands in the world. You can be sure your purchase is well made.
1. Fully Energy Star certified which means lower power and water consumption
2. The door shelves drop to a low enough temperature to keep dairy products in
3. Very consistent refrigeration and freezer temperatures
1. The controls are very fiddly when compared to other refrigerators
2. The icemaker can get a little loud
3. If you don’t set the temperature correctly you can end up freezing the vegetables
Another nice mid-range model is this Kenmore Elite.
One thing that impressed us at this price point was a 10-year warranty for the compressor which guarantees the longevity of your purchase.
The inclusion of dual ice makers is very handy just in case you happen to have a party where everyone needs ice.
It also allows for Smart technology and can work with Alexa.
Quick Fact: The CleanFlowTM Air Filter technology on this refrigerator is meant to be 15 times more effective than baking soda when it comes to keeping odors to a minimum.
1. The Kenmore Smart App is very well featured and a nice bonus
2. The Accela IceTM technology allows you to produce ice super quickly if you need to
3. The LED lighting is very useful in the freezer drawer
1. A little smaller than some of our other picks
2. Delivery costs are higher than we’d like
3. A little noisier than some other models
The best thing about this refrigerator is not just that you can see inside by knocking on the window (it switches an LED light on to make it easy to work out what you’ve got).
But also the fact that you can grab something from the door-in-door compartment without opening the rest of the refrigerator preserving the internal temperature.
Quick Fact: This refrigerator also incorporates LG’s SmartThinQ technology and that means you can control it from wherever you want using their app system. It’s excellent.
1. The transparent InstaView is excellent
2. The Door-in-Door cold saving tech is a great idea
3. Large storage capacity for a model in this price range
1. Several users have complained about the waterline breaking or leaking
2. Some customers have reported long delays with delivery of LG items
3. There is some discrepancy between the temperature readout and a thermometer
A more budget-friendly option is this Whirlpool Side-by-Side model.
The open door alarm is a bit of a surprise, but you do get used to it after a while (and it does stop you from ever leaving the door open).
The controls are super quiet though and we liked the slide-out shelving which made using this refrigerator a dream.
Quick Fact: Whirlpool refrigerators are made for the same company as Maytag but they aren’t quite as well featured as the Maytag models, but they are just as reliable.
1. Energy star compliant
2. ADA compliant – for better access for disabled users
3. Ice maker is excellent for the price
1. No sabbath mode
2. Smaller interior space than some models
3. The water dispenser is an external model