304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
We love to drink water and the nicest water is run through one of our best water filters.
The resulting product is perfect for our morning cup of coffee and for drinking all day long.
Did you know that human beings are made up mainly of water?
And that even mild dehydration can cause us to feel out of sorts and affect our performance?
That means it’s imperative for everyone in the family to drink plenty of water each day and you want that water to be safe, clean and tasty and that means using a water filter.
The good news is that there are plenty of options for this and they’re not all expensive.
A top quality filter system that you build into your sink and which keeps all your water clean and pure.
TOP RATED CHOICE
If you don’t fancy any plumbing this AlcaPure filter is more expensive but very convenient.
BEST VALUE CHOICE
It’s old school and low tech but when you’re on a tight budget, it does a great job.
OK, the APEC water systems ROES-50 water filter does require a little bit of skill to plumb inn under your kitchen sink (or in the basement where the water comes in) but not too much skill.
Once it’s in, it gives you a very clean, fresh tasting endless water supply which has had 99% of contaminants removed from it (no filter can remove 100%).
Quick Fact: The installation instructions are very clear and easy to follow, you don’t need a plumbing qualification to put this into your home which is awesome.
1. Very clean water at a very affordable cost
2. Easy to follow instructions which make installation painless
3. 5 stage filter process offers peace of mind
1. May require specialist tools to install if the right holes aren’t already there
2. If you install it under a sink, it’s quite bulky
3. It’s not ideal as the water supply to a heavy duty ice maker as it doesn’t work fast enough to keep up
The AlcaPure Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter by RKIN is designed for the heavy-duty consumer of filtered water that doesn’t want to get involved in any kind of plumbing.
You add tap water and it makes it pure.
This is an excellent device not just for homes but also for use on the road in an RV because it’s very space-saving and slimline.
We were also pleased to find the supplied hose line to be of a generous length.
Quick Fact: There are two models of this water filter – the AlcaPure which provides slightly Alkaline water for taste or an OnliPure edition which makes ZERO TDS water.
1. Removes up to 99% of all known contaminants
2. Doesn’t take up much room, has a small footprint
3. Can be placed under a kitchen cabinet
1. It’s quite pricey though the quality justifies the sticker price
2. Not as robust as we’d like – don’t drop it
3. Only filters when the water compartment door is closed
If you want simplicity itself on a small budget then you want the Epic Pure.
This is an old school water filter pitcher which uses a replaceable cartridge to filter your water.
It holds 35 liters which ought to be enough for most families in a single day.
You just fill it, pop it in the refrigerator and wait a while.
Quick Fact: This is the only filter jug company which has a full explanation of how it filters each individual element from the water and how much is left.
1. Very transparent about what is (and isn’t) filtered
2. It’s very easy to use
3. You can’t argue with the low price
1. Not as good as more expensive water filtration systems
2. Limited to the volume of the jug (which is heavy when full)
3. The pour spout could be a little more generous
If you want a faucet based water filter because you don’t have refrigerator or under sink space then the PUR PFM400H is the best filtration system in its class and it’s very cheap.
The downsides, however, are that it doesn’t filter as many contaminants as most other types of filter and it can’t b e used on handheld or pull-out style faucets.
Quick Fact: This is a very easy device to install and you can turn filtering on and off at the touch of a button (something other filters don’t offer).
1. It’s cheap
2. It looks nice
3. It has an LED to remind you to change the filter
1. Limited range of faucets it works with
2. Doesn’t filter all contaminants
3. Can easily turn off the filter when it’s not needed (for example, for rinsing dishes)
If you want all your household water to be filtered then you need the Aquasana Whole House Filter System and the good news is that it doesn’t require any electricity which keeps your running costs down.
However, you probably want to hire a plumber to help install this – it’s complicated and while you may be able to do it yourself, you may find it’s too much of a job for a DIY enthusiast.
Quick Fact: This is a heavy duty filter which removes almost all contaminants and even in the heaviest chlorine usage areas – you can’t smell any chlorine in the end product.
1. Puts an end to hard water showers as well as providing lovely drinking water
2. Very high quality filtering system
3. No electricity required
1. It’s very expensive
2. It’s hard to install
3. The installation instructions are pretty bad
Pure water is good water and it keeps you and your family feeling fantastic all day long, it’s exactly what your body needs.
So, we hope that you found a water filter that suits your needs and budget on our best water filters list.