My mother was a wonderful woman who loved to cook but whose busy life meant she didn’t have time to study cooking.
So, she relied on the Bon Appetit cookbooks and I am very glad that she did.
All About Bon Appetit Cookbooks
The Bon Appetit cookbooks launched back in 1956, along with the monthly magazine.
It is one of the biggest brands in cooking media and a new Bon Appetit Cookbook is one of the highlights of many a home cook’s year.
A Bon Appetit Recipe Book is guaranteed to be on point and full of the latest trends in cooking, it’s the perfect slice of culinary inspiration without inducing any headaches.
My mother knew this and pulling out a Bon Appetit book meant she could add some excitement to our day’s dining without taking too many risks.
It was always one of her best cookbook gifts too.
After we’d left home, each year, like clockwork, we’d receive one of their latest cookbooks under the Christmas tree, because my mother wanted us to cook well too.
Bon Appetit The Perfect Cookbook Gift?
You can, of course, buy these books for yourself but I’ve tried to keep my mother’s Christmas tradition alive and I now buy their cookbooks as gifts for others.
So, here are our recommendations for Bon Appetit cookbooks that really make life easier today.
- Bon Appetit Desserts: 50 years of making desserts summed up the wonderful Barbara Fairchild, the magazine’s editor-in-chief, this is the definitive resource for American desserts
- Bon Appetit Book: Food Lovers Gift Guide: If you’re ever struggling to buy something for the foodie in your life, Ammy Jae is here to help you through it.
- Bon Appetit: The Food Lover’s Cleanse: Sara Dickerman’s profoundly simple healthy eating plan has been expanded to provide 140 recipes covering all the seasons. It’s great!
- Bon Appetit: The Best of Summer Cooking: The editors of the magazine provide their golden rules to great summer food and it’s an incredibly entertaining as well as tasty journey.
- The Bon Appetit Cookbook: Fast, Easy, Fresh: Barbara Fairchild’s completely comprehensive guide to eating in our fast-paced modern world, it’s indispensable.
I love these cookbooks, not just because they made me and my mother closer, but because they’re super easy to use and not at all fussy.
When you want a great meal that is guaranteed to turn out the way you want it to, you grab one of these cookbooks and sit back and enjoy the results with your family, just the way my mom did with us.
Final Thoughts On Bon Appetit Cookbooks
They may not have made our list of the best “how to” cookbooks but Bon Appetit books fill that niche nicely and they stir a certain nostalgia in me because of my mom, that can’t be beaten.