Want to get into baking but are feeling a little nervous about getting started? Then banana bread is a pretty simple place to kick off. In fact, our brilliant banana bread recipe is 3 recipes in one!
- Some non-stick oil spray – vegetable oil is just fine for this
- 1 and ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 and ¼ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/3 cup of mascarpone cheese (if you can’t get it substitute whole-milk Greek Yoghurt)
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter
- 2 x eggs (large ones, please)
- 4 big ripe bananas (mash them – should make about 1 ½ cups of banana)
- Options: ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate
- Options: ½ cup of chopped walnuts
OK, fire up the oven and heat it to 350 Fahrenheit. Get a loaf ban (8 x 4 should do) and coat it with nonstick spray and then place some greaseproof paper in it which overhangs the edges of the pan.
Take flour, baking soda and salt and mix them thoroughly in a bowl.
Then get an electric mixer and take the sugar, cheese, and butter and at medium speed, mix them for about 4 minutes. Then add a single egg at a time and re-beat this mixture until it’s thoroughly mixed.
Then drop the speed on your mixer to low and add the flour and bananas to the mix. Finally, if you’re using them add the walnuts or the chocolate. Dump the mix into the baking pan and bake for an hour. Then let the pan cool for an hour. Then turn it out on a tray and serve!